Interactive workshop with Child psychologist, Dr.Gouri Reddy about strategies to better understand and learn behavior management in children with special needs. Dr. Gauri has immense experience working on behavior challenges with the young children. She was also a part of the rehab team at Niloufer Hospital.
Preferred target audience: Parents of children between 3 to 10 years.
This event is only meant for families, no professionals please.
Registration Fees : Rs 150
What will be discussed at the workshop?
This workshop aims to provide general guidelines to help parents better understand and manage behavioural difficulties that are most commonly observed in children with special needs. These guidelines can be personalized to manage your child's unique needs. Please note that the workshop will NOT address individual/case-specific behavioural issues.
1) The brain and behaviour – understanding that your child's behaviour has an underlying cause that is often outside their realm of control.
2) Latent needs/frustrations in the child manifest as behavioural challenges.
3) Commonly observed behavioural difficulties seen in children with special needs -
d. ACTIVITIES THAT SOME KIDS ENGAGE IN OUTSIDE OF THEIR HOME ENVIRONMENT
e. EMOTIONAL MELTDOWNS
4) Understanding the principles of behavioural management and modification.
5) How to reinforce desired behavioural patterns?
6) How to weaken/eliminate undesirable behavioural patterns?
7) Questions and group discussions