Despite 50 million children at risk of intellectual disabilities (ID) in India, there is a severe lack of awareness. Families of children with IDFamilies of children with ID (such as autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, etc.) don't have access to information, guidance, and support. And hence they have to run pillar to post leading to delayed diagnosis and other complexities. They are unable to actively contribute to the child's development and instead fall for quacks which do more harm.
We are changing that by building sustainable support systems for families for we believe that empowering families is the most optimal approach to help children with intellectual disabilities attain their true potential. We believe that resources about intellectual disabilities should remain free and open source so that families get the support they need and deserve.
Where your donation goes?
We’re a nonprofit that relies on support from people like you. We run on a modest budget and strive to maintain the highest quality of support provided. Every rupee you donate will help us scale our reach to more families and caregivers.Your donation will be utilized towards:
- Build a national level resource directory that currently doesn't exist
- Run parent training programs and organize awareness events in local languages
- Host support group meetings for families to provide emotional support
- Create credible evidence based knowledge hub with information articles on different disabilities across life-stages
- Conduct research and surveys to curate other resources for families.
- Hosting, maintenance, and upgradation of our digital platform
- Our full-time teammates, interns, and consultants work hard and have families to take care of, just like you!
All Indian donors are eligible to receive 50% tax exemption under section 80G of the Income Tax rules.
Click here for our due diligence compliances and Annual Reports