On 11th November 2017, Nayi Disha Resource Centre conducted an interactive session for families of children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This session gave parents an oppurtunity to have their concerns addressed by Consultant Pediatrician Dr.Ajay Sharma.
This interactive session aimed at helping parents and caregivers understand and interpret their child’s developmental time course and assess means by which developmental delays may be spotted by focussing on missed childhood milestones. Some of the key focus points of his interactions with parents focussed on some common concerns such as -
- Why does child development matter?
- What helps in early identification of developmental delays?
- What is early intervention, and does it really work in helping your child realize their full developmental potential?
- How does a parent address adolescent behaviour issues?
- How can families empower themselves with relevant information about child development?
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this guide is for information purposes only. Please consult a qualified health practitioner for safe management.
Check out an insightful video of Dr.Ajay Sharma where he addresses the measures parents need to take when they suspect a delay in their child's development. The video is available both in English and Hindi.